takes advantage of laws meant to help the disabled for personal gain.

See the detailed discussion of her crimes against the disabled on our forum

Travel to the European Union

Travel to and within the European Union with a dog is governed by REGULATION (EC) No 998/2003 OF THE EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT AND OF THE COUNCIL of 26 May 2003 on the animal health requirements applicable to the non-commercial movement of pet animals and amending Council Directive 92/65/EEC

Individual countries of the European Union may have slightly different requirements, so always check with the country of destination before traveling. However, all members of the European Union have pet import regulations based on this one and all are very similar in most respects:


A pet cat or dog, including guide and hearing dogs, must meet certain conditions to be able to enter or re-enter the UK without quarantine. It will have to be:

1. Identified with an ISO microchip
2. Vaccinated against rabies (in accordance with the recommendation on the vaccine manufacturer's data sheet). The accompanying rabies certificate must be an original and include details of the vaccine used including expiration date and lot number.
3. Blood tested at an EU-approved laboratory and get a satisfactory result. A dog or cat may not enter or re-enter the UK until 6 calendar months have passed from the date that the blood sample which gave a satisfactory test result was taken.
4. Issued with an EU pet passport or, in a non-EU listed country, a third country official veterinary certificate.
5. Treated against ticks and tapeworms.

Special considerations for those traveling from the U.S. to Europe:

1. Not all microchips implanted in the U.S. are ISO microchips. Your vet will be able to tell if it is.
2. All EU Countries as well as many other Countries now require that a veterinarian certificate issued in the United States have an official USDA Certification stamp.

Additional information by individual country: